|Nelson Atkins museum|
|chickpea and spinach soup|
|out for a swim|
April has come and gone. We are that much closer to summer break and I am happy about that! In the beginning of April I was still in Kansas and Kansas City visiting my dear friend Carrie. We had a great visit and it felt so good to get away for spring break (although the weather sadly was just as hot in the Midwest that week as in So Cal--crazy weather for March/April in the Midwest, although they didn't mind it).
In April I . . .
- wrapped up spring break and got back to work for the final push towards summer
- had a fun Easter at my parents' house
- started my 7-week diet and "no Diet Coke" arc (still going with that--I'll do a separate post soon to report on my diet)
- went to Scandinavian Festival with my mom and the boys (fun! Dieter was obsessed with the Norwegian Elkhounds again)
- continued with my hill walks (good! I'm so glad I'm finally finding some regular exercise that I like and will do and is a bit taxing)
- saw two movies: "While We're Young" (I enjoyed it, Ken hated it); and "Home" (took the boys--it was pretty cute, not super great)
Walking--as I mentioned above, I'm doing really well and have walked 3-4 times per week except for the week that Ken was out of town for a swim meet.
Losing weight--yes, I've been doing it! I'm down 9-ish pounds. More on that in a weight-loss post.
No Diet Coke--I've been totally doing this. No cheats at all. I've been drinking iced tea and the occasional La Croix.
Would love to hear about your month and goals! And happy May!!